Manager of Corporate Accounting
Our Client is an Insurance services company, that provides insurance-related products, distribution and administration services in the United States. As part of our client Finance team, you will collaborate with others in Finance and across the organization on many of the accounting and reporting activities of the company, with an emphasis on corporate accounting, consolidations, allocations, eliminations and financial reporting. Our client provide full benefit package including medical, dental, life, company paid short/long term disability, 401(K), tuition assistance and more.
This position provides expertise, leadership and coordination for our client's corporate accounting function, with responsibility for the preparation and validation of consolidated trial balances, key participation in GAAP financial reporting and audit support. The successful candidate will have proven experience in insurance accounting and reporting, leadership skills and willingness to work effectively in a team environment with strict deadlines. This position reports to the Vice President, Corporate Accounting.
Location: Jacksonville, FL (WILL PROVIDE RELOCATION PACKAGE)
Essential Job Functions:
- Apply expertise in USA GAAP and knowledge of insurance accounting to oversee corporate accounting activities, help ensure quality in accounting and reporting including 10-Q, 10-K and other financial presentations.
- Lead staff in completion of monthly, quarterly and annual duties.
- Manage and/or participate in maintenance of reports, accounting, segment structures, allocation routines and others aspects of the company's accounting systems.
- Liaise with parent company counterparts to track, account for and settle intercompany balances.
- Assist with responses to external auditors.
- Review balance sheet reconciliations as may be assigned.
- Apply knowledge and thought leadership to identify and implement continuous improvements.
- Other duties as assigned, which may include participation on teams supporting acquisitions, preparing presentations and special projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Master's degree preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Demonstrate expertise in GAAP accounting and corporate consolidation.
- Commitment to task and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Good leadership, relationship management with a wide variety of partners, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to build credibility, trust, respect and cooperation among team members is essential.
- Understanding of SOX controls and experience in performing controls.
- Familiarity with the audit process and responding to the needs of auditors.
- Strong analytical, communication and Excel.