Director of Warranty Consumer Products Underwriter
Our client is a growing Warranty Insurance company that prides themselves on their innovative coverage. The Director of Warranty Underwriting will manage a team of Warranty Underwriters and will be involved in Consumer Goods and Auto Warranty programs. This position may also get involved with European and Asian markets as well as the US market.
- Evaluate and price automotive and/or consumer product warranty and service contract programs.
- Manage a team of underwriting analysts.
- Develop pricing methodologies for new products, including documentation and automation.
- Develop a profitable and sustainable book of warranty and service contract business.
- Manage the profitability of the book of business on a portfolio and on a deal by deal basis.
- Develop a suite of warranty related products and match to local market needs.
- Develop with the Sales team a profitable pipeline of new business opportunities.
- Manage and underwrite deals, including risk assessment, pricing, negotiation and closing.
- Manage the relationships with distribution channels and clients both during underwriting, deal implementation and ongoing deal management stages.
- Manage the profitability of current programs and re-negotiate renewal terms where appropriate.
- Establish, implement and manage appropriate underwriting guidelines.
- In conjunction with actuarial-data intelligence, build and use valuable data in underwriting, pricing and marketing services.
- Liaise with actuarial, finance, legal, claims, ops. & IT, and compliance in structuring and closing deals.
- Build high levels of credibility and positive brand recognition for our client.
- Liaise closely with other Credit & Specialty teams to cross sell their products and services through warranty distribution channels and vice versa.
- Support the CUO in setting and implementing the group business strategy
- 5+ years' underwriting and pricing experience in the consumer products extended warranty / service contract arena.
- In depth understanding of and expertise across one or all product lines – automotive, Consumer Products, Wireless. Strong track record of profitable underwriting performance and deal closing.
- In depth knowledge of TPA's, repair networks, technology, and data intelligence.
- Wide network of long-term relationships with agents, TPA's, brokers and other distribution channels. Full understanding of the relevant compliance regulations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent technical underwriting and portfolio management skills aligned with strong commercial acumen Highly effective negotiation and project management skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Experience in building and managing profitable business.
- Ability to accurately analyze financial statements and complex deals Ability to multi-task.
- Focus and goal-oriented disposition Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of and ability to collaborate when necessary, with other departments; Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising consistency in the process; Experience dealing and handling sensitive information.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize to guarantee that all issues are allocated the required time to be handled in a professional manner.