Allstate Benefits Customer Service Specialist - Escalations Team (Hybrid - Jacksonville, FL)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection.
We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary:
The Customer Service Specialist is responsible for answering complex customer inquiries on older life policies and more complex health life questions as well as responding to emails/correspondence and escalated issues including calls as well as disseminating information to the team. The position will provide continuous training to employees in the department.Key Responsibilities:
- Answer complex customer inquiries and respond to a high volume of complex internal and external customer inquiries in a professional manner.
- Must have the ability to interpret a variety of policies, rules, and regulations and perform a full range of customer service duties, answer customer questions, research, resolve and respond to requests.
- Provides training to team members and guide reps on specific steps of the research process of a particular case or issue.
- Assist with phone or quality coaching as well as new hire training.
- Initiate recommendations for training as well as look for constructive and creative ways to improve team performance.
- Represent the Customer Care Center on projects, initiatives or testing as needed.
- Provide professional assistance and resolution for escalated/supervisor calls.
- Provide support for questions (including Help Hotline) from Customer Service Specialists.
- Enter customer request into data system, open and dispatch work orders to various department and complete call history
This job does not have supervisory duties.Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED (Preferred)
- Voluntary Benefits experience (Preferred)
- 0-2 years customer service experience (Preferred)
- In lieu of the above education requirements, an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
PCS/FLMI Certification, Life & Health License (Preferred)Functional Skills:
- Up to two years of post-high school training in a specialized trade, technical school or college required or equivalent work experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Communication Skills
Compensation offered for this role is$42,500-$48,000and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.