Senior Accountant Company Description
Our Client is an Insurance services company, that provides insurance-related products, distribution and administration services in the United States. As part of our client Finance team, you will collaborate with others in Finance and across the organization on many of the accounting and reporting activities of the company, with an emphasis on corporate accounting, consolidations, allocations, eliminations and financial reporting. Our client provide full benefit package including medical, dental, life, company paid short/long term disability, 401(K), tuition assistance and more.
Location: Jacksonville, FL (WILL PROVIDE RELOCATION PACKAGE)
Essential Job Functions:
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual closing statements and reports, including written premium, losses and income.
- Running periodic financial reports, including monthly and quarterly analytics as assigned, including research of variances.
- Preparation of financial statements and reconciliations.
- Responsible for monthly closing process and reporting.
- Respond to audit requests, including IRS, state & local, and insurance departments.
- Responsible for coordinating and leading efforts to complete special projects as requested.
- Directly accountable for the preparation and completion of all supplemental reporting/filings for responsible Fortegra companies.
- Responsible for cash, account and client reconciliations.
- Maintain/prepare procedure manuals as needed.
- Assist with onboarding of new business, to include setting up reporting and system profiles to capture monthly activity.
- Bachelor's degree (Accounting preferred) equivalent work experience
- 3 to 5 years of accounting experience
- Insurance industry experience preferred
- Basic understanding of reinsurance concepts
- Basic familiarity of NAIC Annual Statement and quarterly filings
- Requires some knowledge of a specialized function or skill
- Developing real trade craft and skills
- Oracle General Ledger experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected to accomplish tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- CPA or CPA eligible preferred