Sr. Data Analyst
Senior Data Analyst
Jacksonville, FL, US
This is an in office position in the Jacksonville Florida office.
Join our hardworking, collaborative team where your contributions will be celebrated and valued.
Why Stillwater? We're a national insurance provider that offers a full suite of insurance products and services. We strive to be the most respected insurance provider in the United States and that respect starts with our employees.
Stillwater Insurance Group is looking for a motivated Senior Data Analyst to round out its growing Data Management and Analytics team. The Senior Data Analyst will work with product and operations teams to help plan and develop reporting solutions using internal reporting processes and tools. As part of the company's strategic development team, you will be exposed to new projects and data needs.
- Write technical requirements for reports requested by management/product teams.
- Map data from reporting system or source systems.
- Write SQL queries to gather and cleanse data needed for reports (T-SQL, PL/SQL, DB2 SQL).
- Use Tableau to build standard reports for management.
- Provide data dumps using Excel and SQL/PowerShell on an ad hoc basis.
BI Tool Administration
- Maintain list of active reports and manage user access on Tableau.
- Help perform software updates and upgrades (Tableau).
- Ensure all published reports are updated per their schedule with fresh and accurate data.
- Field questions from users about content of reports and usability of Tableau.
- Train users in Tableau and help promote usage across the organization.
- Fulfill requests for data modeling results through pre-built risk models.
- Gain familiarity with third party models to field questions about results and validate results are reasonable.
- Gather and validate data for statutory data calls.
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and feedback to junior analysts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least five years' experience in a data analyst position.
- Advanced research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with staff at all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to identify issues and provide viable suggestions for improvement.
- Experience in leveraging technology solutions to maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
- Effective time management.
- Insurance background particularly with property and casualty insurance solutions and business processes.
- Intermediate knowledge of scripting languages like PowerShell/Batch/Python.
- Natural curiosity and ability to adapt to evolving toolsets and technology.
- Business casual work environment – wear your jeans to work.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits to keep you and your family protected.
- 401(k) Plan to help you plan for your retirement.
- Gym/Fitness Center reimbursement to support your commitment to staying healthy.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) program to help you maintain your work/life balance.
Apply today to start your journey of being celebrated and valued with Stillwater Insurance Group.
Offer is contingent upon a favorable response from both a pre-employment background investigation and a drug screen.
Stillwater Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.