Finance, Business Analyst
Our client is an innovative Global Insurance Carrier that delivers reliable risk management solutions and respects the diversity of both individuals and ideas. Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Finance Business Analyst to join their team.
Title: Finance, Business Analyst
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
The Finance Business Analyst leverages accounting and finance knowledge and project management skills to participate in, and execute on, non-recurring initiatives within the Department, with an emphasis on improving the Company's use of financial software, maintaining those systems, and troubleshooting problems. Relevant systems include but are not limited to Oracle EBS, Oracle OBIEE, Blackline, and Workiva. In addition, actively participate in process improvement initiatives as directed.
- Collaborate with Finance Business Analyst team to actively participate in project efforts
- Assist in documenting project objectives and timelines, project schedules, progress tracking, and provide periodic reports to stakeholders
- Work with Finance, IT, and other resources to define, develop, test, and implement finance software solutions and enhancements for projects that involve a systems solution
- Assist with the collection and documentation of business requirements ensure completeness of project plan requirements; liaise with technical resources to help translate business requirements to technical requirements
- Understand system capabilities and setup options to end users for collaborative solutions to needs; help to design and customize applications for optimal performance
- Assist in performing implementation testing strategies and participate with end users in developing business use cases, test scenarios, and test scripts
- Assist in troubleshooting and providing support to the business end users, through analysis of data and/or application issues
- Aid the team in review of business continuity plans, and related periodic tests
- Contribute/participate in Corporate Finance & Accounting monthly, quarterly, and annual closing process
- Bachelor's degree (Accounting or Business Analytics preferred, Finance, Computer Science, Data Science, Information Management) or equivalent work experience
- 0-2 plus years accounting and finance, or business and information management experience
- 0-2 plus years participating in projects within a finance department, such as implementations of general ledger, planning, or reconciliation software, and similar efforts
- Oracle EBS end-user and administration experience desired, but not required.
- Preferred systems knowledge: Common CRM & ERP systems and data tools including Oracle OBIEE, OAC, Microsoft PowerBI, TOAD