Claims Adjuster - Senior Liability MCU Adjuster | Remote
5 days left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Insurance Placement Solutions has an immediate opening for a Senior Liability MCU Technical Claims Specialist with our client. As a member of our client's claims team, utilize your knowledge to independently investigate, evaluate and resolve assigned claims in order to achieve appropriate outcomes. In this position, you will administer and resolve claims in a timely manner in accordance with legal statutes, policy provisions, and company guidelines.Senior Liability MCU Technical Claims Adjuster Responsibilities
- Directly handle an assigned portfolio of high severity and complex claims in multiple jurisdictions through pro-active investigation, coverage determinations, liability and damages evaluations, and litigation management.
- Develop, negotiate, and coordinate the execution of resolution strategies designed to mitigate allocated loss adjustment expenses and costs in the best interest of the policyholder, agency, and organization.
- Timely establish and maintain proper reserves for each claim to reflect the financial exposure accurately.
- Report on and present large losses during internal file conferences and roundtables.
- Develop and execute on risk transfer strategies and negotiate cost-share agreements.
- Adjudicate claims in accordance with our client's claims guidelines and quality standards.
- Provide technical oversight and direction as needed and serve as a subject matter expert for high severity/high complexity liability claims.
- Attend mediations, settlement conferences, and trials.
- Maintain current knowledge of multi-jurisdictional legal developments and trends.
- 7+ years of commercial claims experience including high complexity, high severity general, and auto liability claims.
- 3+ years handling litigated files and effectively directing outside defense counsel experience.
- Must have an active Florida or Texas adjuster license
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work-related experience
- Juris Doctorate preferred, but not required
IPS is an insurance staffing and recruiting firm dedicated to the insurance industry, including general liability claims jobs. Our services are designed to be a resource for clients to gain access to high-caliber talent. Many of our clients do not have the dedicated manpower to quickly fill their temporary, temporary to hire, or direct hire vacancies. That is where we come in. Our clients are able to utilize our services to maintain business-as-usual during unforeseen interruptions and fluctuating business needs. Plus, our candidates benefit from gaining backdoor access to highly sought-after positions with top companies in the industry.