CareIQ Billing Supervisor
4 days left
The CareIQ Billing Supervisor is responsible for the direct supervision of reporting staff and day to day operations within their designated department. This position functions as a member of CorVel's CareIQ Ancillary Network Services leadership team, ensuring optimum team performance by providing exemplary support and assistance to achieve the organizational goals of excellent customer service of the billing department and of CorVel. This is a remote position but for continuity of business with our management team, candidate needs to reside and work in the Central or Eastern time zones.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs a team of employees in their day-to-day operations and the quality of services provided, focusing on production, timeliness and quality billing performance.
- Ensures team is meeting performance metrics as determined by manager.
- Establishes employee performance goals and follow-up to ensure employees are achieving goals, providing encouragement, training and counseling as needed.
- Maintains appropriate staffing levels to ensure all work product is completed within internal and external customer turn-around time expectations.
- Has ongoing responsibility for maximizing department quality and productivity by monitoring service levels and minimizing abandoned calls. Handles productivity reports and assures departmental coverage.
- Acts as a functional resource and assists Manager with operations.
- Reinforces policies, procedures, work assignments, etc., by setting examples and following through.
- Attend meetings, perform training and otherwise support customers and employees in their job performance as needed.
- Additional projects and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to assist team members to develop knowledge and understanding of billing practice.
- Effective quantitative, analytical and interpretive skills.
- Strong leadership, management and motivational skills.
- Ability to attend meetings if required.
- Ability to remain poised in stressful situations and communicate diplomatically via telephone, computer, fax, correspondence, etc.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field is preferred
- At least 2 years prior, related experience required; demonstrated progressive leadership preferred
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication; demonstrated ability to provide superior service to internal and external stakeholders
- Sense of urgency and ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
CorVel uses a market based approach to pay and our salary ranges may vary depending on your location. Pay rates are established taking into account the following factors: federal, state, and local minimum wage requirements, the geographic location differential, job-related skills, experience, qualifications, internal employee equity, and market conditions. Our ranges may be modified at any time.
Pay Range: $20.65 - $33.21 per hour
A list of our benefit offerings can be found on our CorVel website: CorVel Careers | Opportunities in Risk Management
CorVel, a certified Great Place to Work® Company, is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.