General Liability Adjuster - Experienced
Berkshire Hathaway GUARD offers a collaborative company culture with outstanding benefits and competitive compensation. Our organization is still hiring during the Pandemic and we're looking for talented individuals to join our team and establish a rewarding career with us.
Our success is founded on our strong reputation, and we have received an A+ “Superior” grade by the leading independent insurance rating organization. Backed by our ultimate parent company, Berkshire Hathaway Inc., our brand is founded upon trust, service, and innovation. If you're looking for an employer with integrity and flexibility, keep reading to learn about our benefits and job openings.
- Work life balance schedule- No Nights or Weekends!
- Generous vacation and sick time
- Closed on all major holidays
- Healthcare benefits begin on your first day of employment
- 401K with company match and profit sharing
- Every 5 years employees receive a generous monetary award to be used toward a vacation!
- Tuition reimbursement after six months of employment
- Discover opportunities to advance your career
- Be part of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., one of the world's most admired companies
Hiring and Working During the Pandemic:
- Virtual interviews
- Virtual employee onboarding and training
- Hybrid work model (Splitting time between working remotely and in the office)
We have implemented rigorous safety measures and policies to ensure our associates are protected when working in the office including following all federal and local safety precautions and mandates.
Berkshire Hathaway will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and will adjust our policies as needed to ensure the continued safety of our employees.Responsibilities
We are seeking a Liability Adjuster. If you are focused on technology, are attentive to detail, enjoy the thrill of investigations and negotiations, then our team might be right for you!
The Liability Adjuster is responsible for conducting office investigations and adjusting commercial general liability and auto claims. The Adjuster is also responsible for, but not limited to:
- Investigating losses and identifying coverage issues
- Obtaining and reviewing evidence, reports, and medical records
- Establishing damages and reserves
- Processing payments
- Taking statements from insured's, claimants, and witnesses
- Prior experience adjusting liability and auto claims
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize