Allstate Benefits - National Account Claims Senior Associate
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary:
This position is responsible for analyzing and adjudicating National Account Case Claims and provides customer service support to the Associates of these National Accounts.
This position is responsible for answering calls and analyzing/adjudicating National Account claims in accordance with policy provisions. A National Account Claims Associate must have the ability to interpret and apply laws, rules and regulations as well as evaluate claims from initial report to final determination. They must document claim and customer service files with notes and help the Unit achieve the Service Level Requirements as set forth by each of the National Account Groups. The position also requires a highly trained individual to take telephone calls from National Account Customers and answer complex customer inquiries regarding their coverages.
This position is a hybrid role, meaning your schedule may consist of time in an office setting and time working remotely from your home. The hybrid model is intended to provide greater flexibility and will mean something different to each team, job and employee. Office presence is driven by the nature of the work and team needs. Youll work from home for the remainder of the time youre not in the office. This position is eligible for a monthly connectivity reimbursement to offset the costs of internet and phone expenses.
- National Account Claims Examiners are responsible for analyzing, processing, researching, adjusting and adjudicating claims which will result in a payment or non payment of a claim.
- Examiners review insurance policies, the claim form and supporting documentation to make sure that all of the information is correct. They determine whether the claims are covered under the policies issued to that policyholder.
- Examiner assists in identifying, investigating and reporting fraudulent claim activity to our internal fraud unit.
- Examiners are required to provide the insured with correspondence that is clear, concise and meets state regulations in relation to the decision they made on the claim processed.
- Answer incoming National Account customer inquiries and respond to customer requests. Have the ability to answer complex questions and interpret a variety of policies, rules, regulations and performs a full range of customer service duties.
0-2 years or related experience
- Must have a demonstrated track record and the ability to work in a fast paced/deadline driven environment.
- Ideal candidate should be able to work independently or in a team oriented environment.
- Must have the ability to interpret and apply laws, rules and regulations.
- Limited policy coverage and insurance regulation knowledge
- Verbal/written telephone communication skills are a must
- Attend training sessions as a participant
- Limited individual decision making
- Simple and straight forward individual claim authorization
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is$37,000.00-$42,000.00 per yearand is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.