Principal Full Stack Engineer - Remote
Do you have the skillsand driveto join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. As a Principal Software Engineer at Liberty Mutual, you'll apply your talents in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-upand the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
- Collaborative partner: Working with our Corporate Functions Global Finance Tech team of scrum masters, product owners and fellow engineers, you'll tackle technical challenges and ensure quality as we move from legacy technologies to next-generation applications
- Comprehensive problem-solver: As you manage the end-to-end development of software products, you'll analyze issues at the system level and handle any complications that arise by implementing effective solutions
- Skilled technical engineer: You'll document and lead the implementation of technical features, improvements and innovations
- Forward thinker: Simply fixing the problem isn't enough; using your proactive mindset and initiative, you'll continually look for ways to improve performance, quality and efficiency
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8+ years of Full Stack software engineering experience with demonstrated success in platform modernization initiatives, utilizing technologies such as React and AWS serverless experience.
- Data experience (DMS, AWS Glue, AWS RDS) preferred.
- An understanding of how modifications affect different parts of a system and an ability to explain your decision-making process to non-engineers.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.