Property Adjuster - Field and Virtual Estimating
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.A Day In The Life Of A Virtual and Field Property Adjuster:
- Spend the greater portion of your day handling claims virtually from home and when needed, traveling to loss sites that have been damaged by fire, water, weather or other unexpected events Conduct a detailed inspection of the property and write an estimate to capture the extent of the damagesWhen you are not in the field, use advanced video technology to collaborate with onsite vendors to identify damages and write a damage estimate from a virtual settingReview the policy and decide how coverage applies and provide the customer with a detailed explanation of both the estimate and the policyCommunicate empathetically with customers and help them through their claim process in a fast, fair and easy mannerNegotiate claim settlements with customers in accordance with business unit standard methodologiesUse data and analytics to tell a story and influence decision makingFlexibility to work in a variety of environments - independently, within a team, face-to-face, and virtuallyIn our virtual environment, adjusters are required to participate and be on camera during online meetings and trainings
- We cover the cost to help you study for and earn your license
- We offer 3 months of full paid training plus on the job training for up to an additional 3 months
- Ongoing training opportunities for continuous improvement
Monday-Friday with occasional weekend dutyWhat's In It For You?:
- Competitive compensation this role will pay based on prior related experienceYou will work from home when you are not travelling to a loss siteInternet reimbursementGenerous paid time off (PTO)Tuition reimbursement Cafeteria style health insurance plan starts day one401k match and pension planVolunteer opportunities + matching donations Visit AllstateGoodLife.com to learn more
- Have a High School Diploma/GED or higher (Bachelors Degree preferred)Have 2+ years of previous experience in a related field (i.e., construction, restoration, mitigation)Have prior experience using estimating software like Xactimate is a plusValue providing an effortless customer service experienceEnjoy the ability to work independently starting your day from home, and traveling to various locations to restore peoples lives through outstanding customer serviceView problems and setbacks as opportunities for improvement and look forward to coming up with creative solutionsAre organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environmentAre known for clear and professional communication both written and verbalAre bilingual and/or having prior military experience its a plusHave a valid drivers license This position is not available for California, Alaska, and Hawaii residents
Sign on bonus of $1,000 if you have an active adjuster license in the State of FL, TX or the state youre hired to work in
Compensation offered for this role is$55,000.00-$85,000.00 per yearand is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.