Senior Business Analyst
Our client is an innovative Global Insurance Carrier that delivers reliable risk management solutions and respects the diversity of both individuals and ideas. Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join their team.
Title: Senior Business Analyst
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for providing analysis and backup functional support for relevant Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) modules along with related non-core Oracle products. This includes, but is not limited to collaborating on gathering business requirements, design and maintenance of business applications, application configuration, systems testing, and end-user production support to meet critical business requirements.
- Work in collaboration with business leaders, BRM's and data analytics resources to define, develop, test and implement Oracle EBS business initiatives.
- Transpose business requirement documents and other functional related documents into technical documents.
- Provide suggestions to customize applications for optimal performance.
- Coordinate with technical resources to resolve technical and operational problems, issues, and obstacles
- Identify functional gaps and identify potential corrective actions.
- Ensure that functional business initiative deliverables meet the critical business requirements.
- Develop reports, tables, fields, data interfaces and application extensions.
- Develop testing strategies and provide functional guidance for end users to develop business use cases, test scenarios, and test scripts.
- Provide coaching and guidance for EBS functional users and trainers for creating user guides and other training materials.
- Perform EBS functional area related tests
- Aid the team in performing disaster recovery for all Oracle EBS application processes.
- Recommend configuration changes to improve functionality of Oracle applications.
- Provide backup troubleshooting and support to the business end users to analyze application obstacles and provide potential corrective actions.
- Maintain application functionality documents for reference purposes, metadata policies and procedures
- Work with internal and external SME's to develop Proof-of-Concept (POC), prototypes and solutions
- Positions require a theoretical and conceptual knowledge of a technical / functional specialization
- Problems are typically solved through high level technical analysis
- Functional proficiency with related Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) R12 modules
- Have extensive hands on experience and a very deep knowledge of applicable E-Business Suite R12 core functionalities
- Ability to document business requirements documentation and high level technical specification concepts
- Good analytical, organizational, problem solving and follow-up skills.
- Capable of relating business issues to information technology associates in an effort to achieve the necessary resolution of issues.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with desktop applications such as but not limited to: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, screen capture software
- Ability to read and understand system manuals and documentation pertaining to the operations of packaged applications.
- Ability to give directions to and mentor entry-level analysts.
- Promote a cooperative and productive team environment.