Finance Project Manager
Our client is an innovative Global Insurance Carrier that delivers reliable risk management solutions and respects the diversity of both individuals and ideas. Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Finance Project Manager to join their team.
Title: Finance Project Manager
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
The Finance Project Manager leverages accounting and finance acumen and project experience to lead and execute non-recurring initiatives within the Department, with an emphasis on improving the Company's use of financial software, maintaining those systems, and troubleshooting problems. Relevant systems include but are not limited to Oracle EBS, Oracle OBIEE, Blackline, and Workiva.
- Collaborate with Finance and IT to identify, scope, and prioritize project efforts.
- Document project objectives and timelines; develop project schedules, track progress, and provide periodic reports to executives.
- Work with Finance, IT, and other resources to define, develop, test and implement finance software solutions and enhancements for projects that involve a systems solution.
- Participate in system selections, SOW evaluations, and licensing cost proposals.
- Collect and document business requirements and apply experience to ensure completeness of requirements; liaise with technical resources to help translate business requirements to technical requirements.
- Explain system capabilities and setup options to end users for collaborative solutions to needs; help to customize applications for optimal performance.
- Develop implementation testing strategies, and lead end users in developing business use cases, test scenarios, and test scripts.
- Provide troubleshooting and support to the business end users, through analysis of data and/or application issues.
- Coordinate with technical resources to resolve technical and operational problems, issues, and obstacles
- Aid the team in review of business continuity plans, and related periodic tests.
- Maintain application end user documents for reference purposes.
- Contribute/participate in Corporate Finance & Accounting monthly, quarterly and annual closing process
- Bachelor's degree (Accounting preferred) or equivalent, relevant work experience
- 5 plus years accounting and finance experience
- 2 plus years managing and executing projects within a finance department, such as implementations of general ledger, planning, or reconciliation software, and similar efforts.
- Oracle EBS end-user and administration experience.
- Direct knowledge of accounting and financial processes and concepts.
- Prior involvement with complex financial systems, Oracle EBS a must.
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to work with large volumes of data.
- Demonstrated organizational, problem solving and follow-up skills
- Ability to develop and document business requirements and project tasks.
- Capable of relating business issues to information technology associates to achieve the necessary resolution of issues.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with desktop applications such as but not limited to: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, screen capture software
- Ability to give directions to and mentor accountants and analysts, and to be influential in an indirect reporting structure.
- Promote a cooperative and productive team environment.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to manage business and technology relationships with internal and external clients.
Full benefit package including medical, dental, life, company paid short/long term disability, 401(k), tuition assistance and more.