• Determine the degree of risk on commercial policies.
• Review loss history of policyholders.
• Evaluate, accept, modify, reject, cancel and/or non-renew applications or existing policies.
• Initiate inspections and field audits.
• Provide underwriting assistance to agency force.
• Handle all duties associated with treaty exception requests.
• Act as the Flood Coordinator.
• Attend various meetings and participates in special projects.
• Bachelor's Degree, Majoring in Business or related field is required
• 2-4 years related underwriting experience
• Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
• Performs work independently with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated customer service skills