Our Client, an insurance services company, provides insurance-related products and distribution and administration services in the United States.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual closing statements and reports, including written premium, losses and income.
- Running periodic financial reports, including monthly and quarterly analytics as assigned, including research of variances.
- Preparation of financial statements and reconciliations.
- Responsible for monthly closing process and reporting.
- Respond to audit requests, including IRS, state & local, and insurance departments.
- Responsible for coordinating and leading efforts to complete special projects as requested.
- Directly accountable for the preparation and completion of all supplemental reporting/filings for responsible Fortegra companies.
- Responsible for cash, account and client reconciliations.
- Maintain/prepare procedure manuals as needed.
- Assist with onboarding of new business, to include setting up reporting and system profiles to capture monthly activity.
- Bachelor's degree (Accounting preferred) equivalent work experience
- 3 to 5 years of accounting experience
- Insurance industry experience preferred
- Basic understanding of reinsurance concepts
- Basic familiarity of NAIC Annual Statement and quarterly filings
- Requires some knowledge of a specialized function or skill
- Developing real trade craft and skills
- Oracle General Ledger experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected to accomplish tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- CPA or CPA eligible preferred
- Be a self-starter and show ability to meet deadlines and goals in a limited time frame.
- Ability to effectively deal with other company departments and outside agencies.
- Ability to work independently, requires minimal supervision, and makes effective decisions to complete work assignments.
- Ability to work well with associates in other areas on required work assignments.
- Ability to interpret contracts and design processes to comply with contract provisions.