Inside Service Technician
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE - REMOTE
Primarily responsible for granting authorizations to technicians in the field, troubleshooting with customers and diagnosing defects via pictures and/or phone. Adjudicate, investigate and/or deny claims by verifying submitted information, coverage issued, and other pertinent information. Identify claims of a potentially fraudulent nature and refer to management for review.
High School Diploma or equivalency
10+ years of experience repairing consumer grade appliances, electronics or furniture
Industry Certification is a plus
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Troubleshoot unit operation with customers on the telephone in hopes of getting a phone fix or which part to order.
- Determine warranty eligibility and/or part(s) needed by looking at pictures of the defect and/or the customer.
- Handle Customer Service Questions or transfer call to appropriate numbers.
- Confirm customer understanding of the solution and provide additional customer education as needed.
- Strategic thinker; able to develop new ways to diagnose product defects without having to send a technician.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Requires some knowledge of a specialized function or skill
- Developing real trade craft and skills
- Excellent customer service experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficient with Internet Explorer.