Health and Benefits Client Manager
Barnes Insurance & Financial Services, an Alera Group Company is seeking a Health and Benefits Client Manager to join their team.
Are you looking to be part of a company where you have exciting opportunities to learn, grow and make a positive impact? Join a team where each employee is empowered to listen generously, speak straight, collaborate, and build each other up through mutual accountability and shared success?
If that is what you're looking for, this is your chance to be part of an amazing organization!
Founded January 1, 2005 as a LLC, BIAFS has two offices located at 1582 Airport Boulevard, Pensacola, FL 32504 and 327 Racetrack Road N.E., Suite B, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547. In August of 2018 we joined Alera Group giving us a vast amount of resources to better serve our clients.
Our Health and Benefits Client Managers play the critical role of day to day project manager, advisor, and communications lead with clients. This role provides an excellent opportunity for long-term career growth by enhancing one's benefits acumen, and client and project management skills with one of the world's leading benefits advisory firms.Responsibilities
- Play a key role in the design and management of group medical, dental, life insurance, disability and time off programs.
- Proactively advise clients and provide superior client service in response to day to day service issues and questions (eligibility, carrier coverage and claims issues, compliance, etc.).
- Play a key role in employee benefits strategy by analyzing plan performance and proactively making recommendations for plan design changes.
- Contribute to the marketing process including gathering vendor/client information, preparing and analyzing benchmark data and developing RFPs.
- Work with Senior Client Managers and Account Executives to develop project plans, and manage teams to deliver on project goals.
- Play a key role in the client open enrollment process including preparing materials and presentations, organizing and conducting employee meetings, proofing contracts and updating accounting/tracking systems.
- Contribute to the sales process for prospective clients including value proposition creation and RFP/proposal development.
- Manage completion of reports and administrative actions for clients including Form 5500 filings, policy checking and delivery, monthly reporting of client and carrier information, summary plan descriptions and certificates.
- Maintain and cultivate strong carrier relationships.
- Prepare for and facilitate client meetings (prepare agendas and materials, coordinate resources, etc.).
- Understand, articulate and implement key Willis Towers Watson value-added resources.
- 3+ years of health and welfare account management experience including some underwriting or analytical experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of health and welfare employee benefit plan design, insurance products, current trends and regulatory environment.
- Strong client service orientation with ability to resolve current needs as well as institute new processes to provide long term solutions.
- Proven experience managing multiple teams delivering on client projects within project plan parameters.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong presentation skills.
- Team player who takes initiative, is resourceful and is self-motivated to continuous learning and development.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), and ability to learn new technologies and recommend new technology solutions.
- Associates or Bachelor's level degree preferred; high school diploma required.
- State Life and Health license required within 90 days of joining.
- Professional Certification (CEBS, GBA, PHR, SPHR, etc.) preferred.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you're a California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.Options Apply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed