IT Project Manager
Alera Group is currently seeking a Project Manager to join their team.
Alera Group is an independent, national insurance and financial services firm created through the merger of like-minded, high-performing, entrepreneurial firms across the United States.
This role is meant to successfully manage Information Technology projects relating to the onboarding of firms and around the enterprise while developing and maintaining relationships with project stakeholders. These activities will be performed independently with minor support from the Vice President and Director of IT.
This role includes overall project management, communications, developing and maintaining project roadmaps, schedules, maintaining processes and procedures etc. as well as facilitating the project teams' daily work and removing obstacles or impediments faced by the team.
Mergers & Acquisitions is fast paced with many mini projects, processes and procedures, requiring collaboration internally and externally. There are many moving parts and workstreams to keep track of and tight timelines. At any given time, there are multiple acquisition integrations in progress; this adds to the number of projects to be managed simultaneously. The Project Manager focus will be largely infrastructure oriented, covering Day1 employee on-boarding, mail & file migration, securing the current environment (PC, servers, external websites, user accounts), network integration, compute/servers, PC & Service Desk integration projects.Responsibilities
- Coordinate field resources with third parties or key stakeholders for successful adherence to the implementation schedule.
- Ensure that all site transitions are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with onboarded firms.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Communicate project timelines and updates.Qualifications
Required Education: in Bachelors or Equivalent
- 8+ years direct work experience in an IT project management capacity, leading medium to large complexity projects
- Bachelor's degree in the field of computer science, business administration, information systems or related field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Good understanding of IT concepts and terminology
- Strong organizational skills, with proven experience prioritizing work and coordinating several projects at one time.
- Soft skills to include: Strong communication, documentation, proactive, future-thinking, strategic, accountable, collaborative, manage ambiguity, strong planning & prioritization experience
- Ability to effectively interface with technical (IT) groups as well as business teams, both in person and remotely
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for problem-solving
- High energy, ability to prioritize and has a desire to work in a results-oriented, fast growth environment
Certifications and/or Licenses:
Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)Equal Opportunity Employment
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. #ZROptions Apply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed