Full-Stack Java Software Lead Engineer- Remote Home Based Worker
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
Working Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
Allstate Benefits is recruiting a Full-Stack Java Software Lead Engineerto join our Engineering team in Jacksonville, FL. Our common goal is to build digital products that support the strategy ofAllstate Benefits , a division within the Allstate brand that provides voluntary benefits to the customers.
This team engineers cloud-native software all day, every day, on a full-stack cloud platform, Pivotal Cloud Foundry in an Safe agile environment. Driving quality by leveraging test-driven development with continuous integration & continuous delivery is key to our engineering approach. We value independent thinking and continuously learning technology skills to build digital products that will fundamentally change voluntary benefits space.
We believe in the you build it, you run it mantra, which means youll be involved in all phases, from design to build to deployment to production monitoring and support.
This team is headquartered in Jacksonville, FL which provides the latest in modern equipment, healthy work spaces, and engineering tools to accomplish our goals. Dont miss this opportunity to join a team working 40-hours per week.
The Full-Stack Java Software Lead Engineer to design, develop complex, high volume & scalable applications focused onquote to claim applications. analysis, design, construction, testing and implementationin SAFE agile development lifecycles.
- You are passionate about software engineering with an interest quality, maintainable code
- You love the safety of a strong test suite, with experience or a strong interest in test driven development
- You have a clear understanding of cloud services, distributed systems, devops, and CI/CD practices
- You measure success by working software and end user satisfaction
- You have well-developed communications skills, enjoy collaborating, and are open to a pair-programming environment
- You value transparency and openness, and are willing to identify what were doing wrong and how we can do things better
- Collaborate with business partners andProductowners to review backlog, ensuringtheyare clear, concise, and technically feasible.
- Translateproductrequirements intoinnovativesolutionsthat provide an excellent client experienceand align with architectural roadmap.
- Prepare detailed technical designs that accountfor security, resiliency, scalability, maintainability, and performance.
- Code, test,debug, implement, andsupportcomplexinsurance products.
- Strive for continuous improvementsofour processes, application, designs,andapplicationexecution.
- Collaborate with onshore/Offshore Contract resources, ensuring adherence to our processes and standards.
A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- 7+years of handson experience developing applications using Java/J2EE,Angular,spring bootand Web Services.
- 3+ years of experience leading agile teams of up to6-8 Engineersincluding employees,onshorecontractors,and offshore contractors.
- Experience implementing business critical, high volume, and highly available web-based applications is a must.
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and testing tools such as Junit.
- Experience with, or very knowledgeable in, cloud based development leveraging Cloud Foundry in PaaS environment, PCF on AWS or AWS environment
- Familiar with GitHub for source control, Jenkins, maven or Griddle build process.
- Must be collaborative, adaptable, and have good communication skills. Prior experience working on agile teams is very desirable.
- Experience in Micro services, AWS,Pivotal cloud foundry,cloudtechnology,CI/CD is a plus.
- Experience with automated unit testing (eg JUnit), especially test driven development
- Strong understanding of Java, J2EE, preferably with Spring Boot experience, web and mobile development with ReactJS, or native iOS/Android development
- Experience working with relational databases, preferably Oracle, SQL server and MongoDB.
- Experience developing microservices using Pivotal cloud foundry & cloud systems at scale
- Experience developing continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment pipelines for distributed apps, using tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory etc
- Experience with Web, Mobile and cloud technology.
- Bonus points if you have experience with any of the following: application performance monitoring tools like Dynatrace/AppDynamics, are understanding of AWS cloud services.
Thesalary range for this position is $110,000-$145000/yr. based upon experience
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.