Senior Financial Analyst
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
**This position is based in Jacksonville, FL and will require onsite visits to the office 1-2 times a week.**
The Financial Consultant analyzes and communicates financial results for key products, markets and initiatives, develops compelling story lines to help deepen client insights and recommends creative actions to guide strategy and operations. This role formulates financial projections to support in predicting and tracking performance and diagnosing potential issues.Key Responsibilities
- Isolate key drivers, quantify impacts, and forecast implications to the business recognizing how different data points fit together
- Prepare and help build storyline for financial updates
- Use analysis to influence and drive action within finance, leadership and our business partners by using fact-based, holistic and forward-looking perspectives to identify emerging issues and current trends, and assist in implementation of strategies
- Provide accurate, timely reports with financial insight to allow business partners to improve performance
- Develop and lead effective presentations for small groups
- Drive conversations with leadership to understand business implications of current trends
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting
- 2 or more years of related experience
- Intermediate business knowledge (i.e. deep financial skills/flow of the numbers) of financial and accounting concepts as well as intermediate analytical and financial model building skills
- Oral and written communication skills to partner with employees both internal and external to finance as well as interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment
- Effective time management and organization skills with a proven ability to multi-task
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel is and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Inspire trust and confidence in clients through strategic and diplomatic handling of relationships
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.