Our client provides auto F&I products, consulting services, and more as one of the longest operating providers nationwide. Driven by innovation, they are committed to working with their partners to help businesses succeed. We are looking for an Accounting Director to join their team.
Title: Accounting Director
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Overview: The Accounting Director will manage the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close process as well as coordinate with various departments to ensure all information is received and accounted for accurately. Individuals with a strong focus on process improvement and can manage multiple projects simultaneously will excel in this position.
- Responsible for accounting functions and financial reporting to ensure compliance with GAAP including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Claims Pay, and General Ledger.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements including balance sheet and statement of operations with financial analysis of results and trends.
- Develop accounting organizational strategies and direction for the organization.
- Develop and implement more efficient procedures and processes to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Manage monthly close processes including review of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure proper reflection of all product and fee-generated programs in the ledger.
- Responsible for the review of the calculations of commissions/bonuses, taxes, deferred revenue, and DAC for reasonableness.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate year-end audit close process with external auditors.
- Ensure successful completion of the company's tax filings.
- Coordinate with FP&A planning and budgeting activities and authorization of expenditures.
- Responsible for ongoing employee training, coaching, and development.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- CPA certification required.
- 8+ years in accounting or finance. Leadership/management experience required.
- Net suite experience and M&A experience are preferred.
- Experience within the insurance industry is preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
Pay: Director-Level Position with Full Benefits. Contact Recruiter for More Info.