Allstate Benefits -Claims Associate III (Life)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
Job Family Summary
The Allstate Benefits' Life Claim Department is responsible for the day to day analysis and processing of all life claim submissions and correspondence. Life Claim Department personnel possess knowledge on the Company's life products, their state variations, and state and federal regulatory requirements.
The Associate III is responsible for analyzing and adjudicating claims in accordance with policy provisions with guidance from legal, underwriting, medical team, and leadership team. An Associate III must have the ability to interpret and apply laws, rules and regulations, as well as, evaluate claims from initial report to final determination. They must also be able to obtain and utilize sensitive information discreetly and objectively in addition to documenting claim files with notes, evaluations and decision-making processes. They must also strive to achieve optimal customer service through timely, accurate, and compassionate resolution of life claims.
• Associate IIIs are responsible for analyzing, processing, researching, and adjudicating life claims which will result in a payment or non-payment of a claim with guidance from supporting teams as appropriate to the situation.
• Associate IIIs review life insurance policies, the claim form, previous documentation, and supporting documentation to make sure that all required information is received. They determine to whom benefits are payable and whether the claims are covered under the policies issued to that policyholder.
• Associate IIIs assist in identifying, investigating and reporting fraudulent claim activity to our internal fraud unit.
• Associate IIIs are required to provide the insured with correspondence that is clear, concise and meets state regulations in relation to the decision they made on the claim processed.
• Associate IIIs must also strive to achieve optimal customer service through timely, accurate, and compassionate resolution of life claims.
• Associate IIIs assist in identifying life claims by participating in review of state and federal databases as required by law.
• Additional duties as assigned as time permits.
• High School diploma,
• 1+ year of insurance or relevant experience,
• Ability to work in a fast paced/deadline driven environment,
• Ability to work independently and within a team oriented environment,
• Ability to interpret and apply laws, rules and regulations,
• Limited policy coverage and insurance knowledge,
• Verbal/written and telephone communication skills,
• Retain ability to perform tasks demonstrated in training sessions,
• Ability to make decisions based on information available,
• Ability to utilize resources and perform required research to obtain relevant information,
• Demonstrated critical decision- making skills,
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks,
• Ability to receive feedback and follow standard processes,
• Basic Excel and Word skills,
• Ability to work overtime if deemed necessary by leadership.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.