Lead Application Developer-REMOTE Home Based Worker
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.Job Description
LOCATION: Jacksonville, FL OR REMOTE
Working Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
Allstate Benefits is recruiting a Lead Application Developer to join our Engineering team in Jacksonville, FL. Our common goal is to build digital products that support the strategy of Allstate Benefits , a division within the Allstate brand that provides voluntary benefits to the customers.
This team engineers cloud-native software all day, every day, on a full-stack cloud platform, Pivotal Cloud Foundry in an Safe agile environment. Driving quality by leveraging test-driven development with continuous integration & continuous delivery is key to our engineering approach. We value independent thinking and continuously learning technology skills to build digital products that will fundamentally change voluntary benefits space.
We believe in the “you build it, you run it” mantra, which means you'll be involved in all phases, from design to build to deployment to production monitoring and support.
This team is headquartered in Jacksonville, FL which provides the latest in modern equipment, healthy work spaces, and engineering tools to accomplish our goals. Don't miss this opportunity to join a team working 40-hours per week.
The Lead Application Developer Leads to design, develop complex, high volume & scalable applications focused on quote to claim applications. – analysis, design, construction, testing and implementation in SAFE agile development lifecycles.
- You are passionate about software engineering with an interest quality, maintainable code
- You love the safety of a strong test suite, with experience or a strong interest in test driven development
- You have a clear understanding of cloud services, distributed systems, devops, and CI/CD practices
- You measure success by working software and end user satisfaction
- You have well-developed communications skills, enjoy collaborating, and are open to a pair-programming environment
- You value transparency and openness, and are willing to identify what we're doing wrong and how we can do things better
- Collaborate with business partners and Product owners to review backlog, ensuring they are clear, concise, and technically feasible.
- Translate product requirements into innovative solutions that provide an excellent client experience and align with architectural roadmap.
- Prepare detailed technical designs that account for security, resiliency, scalability, maintainability, and performance.
- Code, test, debug, implement, and support complex insurance products.
- Strive for continuous improvements of our processes, application, designs, and application execution.
- Collaborate with onshore/Offshore Contract resources, ensuring adherence to our processes and standards.
A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- 7+ years of hands–on experience developing applications using Java/J2EE, Angular, spring boot and Web Services.
- 3+ years of experience leading agile teams of up to 6-8 Engineers including employees, onshore contractors, and offshore contractors.
- Experience implementing business critical, high volume, and highly available web-based applications is a must.
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and testing tools such as Junit.
- Experience with, or very knowledgeable in, cloud based development leveraging Cloud Foundry in PaaS environment, PCF on AWS or AWS environment
- Familiar with GitHub for source control, Jenkins, maven or Griddle build process.
- Must be collaborative, adaptable, and have good communication skills. Prior experience working on agile teams is very desirable.
- Experience in Micro services, AWS, Pivotal cloud foundry, cloud technology, CI/CD is a plus.
- Experience with automated unit testing (eg JUnit), especially test driven development
- Strong understanding of Java, J2EE, preferably with Spring Boot experience, web and mobile development with ReactJS, or native iOS/Android development
- Experience working with relational databases, preferably Oracle, SQL server and MongoDB.
- Experience developing microservices using Pivotal cloud foundry & cloud systems at scale
- Experience developing continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment pipelines for distributed apps, using tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory etc
- Experience with Web, Mobile and cloud technology.
- Bonus points if you have experience with any of the following: application performance monitoring tools like Dynatrace/AppDynamics, are understanding of AWS cloud services
The salary range for this position is $110,000-$135,000/yr
Salary offered will be commensurate with experience
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.