2 days left
- Career Level
Under limited supervision, the Underwriting Manager works on a functional team to provide underwriting and marketing expertise on medium to complex Program Insurance and associated coverage risks that achieve profitable growth by appropriate risk evaluation, selection, agent, carrier and customer relationships and book management.
Reports to: President of FCI
- Develop deep subject matter expertise of program coverages and underwriting requirements
- Work with agent partners to develop risk information necessary to fully underwrite program risks
- Determine the appropriate carrier market for each risk, developed suggested pricing for the risk and complete the carrier submission.
- Work with our carrier partners to evaluate, process, and underwrite new and renewal accounts to maintain profitable growth and market competitiveness. Identify changes in account/market risk exposures and loss trends to help maximize profitability.
- Plays a key role in achievement of First City Insurer's sales plans
- Work with our carrier partners by identifying and analyzing risk exposures against desired coverage. Provides technical assistance to agents regarding policy and endorsement provisions and underwriting acceptability for designated insurance coverages.
- Completes and maintains fully compliant Underwriting and policy files, including thorough information capture, compiling submissions, endorsements billing, required state documents, tax filings, etc.
- Stays abreast of all relevant compliance and regulatory changes and their impact on FCI
- Develop collaborative relationships with external and internal customers. Work proactively with the agents to define profitable risk accounts to develop with our carrier partners
- Develop and maintain full knowledge of all forms, coverages, ratings, and manuals for the specific line being underwritten.
- Participate in review and evaluation of customer accounts, making recommendations on book management issues.
- Provides technical guidance and coaching to others with less experience and knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree and/or 5+ years related P&C underwriting experience with underwriting authority or equivalent
- 5+ years Commercial Property Underwriting experience
- P&C Insurance license and/or Surplus Lines license
- Knowledge of and prior experience with surplus lines taxes, including filing of taxes
- Experienced in interpreting and drafting policy language
- Superior intellectual curiosity, judgment and decision making skill
- Results oriented, self-starter
- Is comfortable with ambiguity, is adaptable and resilient
- Ability to learn independently, embrace and put into practice new concepts and skills
- Able to gather and analyze complex facts and data, draw inferences, weigh alternatives and present logical solutions
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communicator; must be able to convey the most complex of ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong financial acumen, including ability to interpret and analyze data
Brightway is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.