Lead Solution Architect
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.Job Description
Allstate Benefits is a leading provider of voluntary insurance. We are committed to providing superior products and services with cutting edge technology, exceptional customer service and compassionate claims administration. With over 40,000 groups in force and insuring more than 3 million employees, we deliver the promise of the Good Hands every day!
The Solution Architect will work with many departments and systems to support business solutions. The role's primary responsibility is to bring together business requirements with innovative technologies and guide the strategic solution through to implementation. The candidate should bring in top-level skills in enterprise systems and collaboration to help development teams transform technical debt into innovation opportunities. The ideal candidate will have a broad range of knowledge, but also be able to become an expert in key areas.
- Develop reusable patterns, practices, and reference architectures through research and Proof of Concept builds
- Communicate technology strategy to leaders and knowledge workers via roadmaps, conceptual diagrams and solution documents
- Provide consultation to teams on the tactical application of reference architectures and the strategic direction of enterprise technology
- Hold summits with technologists and business people to identify opportunities for innovation
- Using independent research and analysis of industry and technology trends, provide actionable ideas for innovation and business capability development
- Author reference architectures and positions that support the design, deployment and support of complex systems that deliver business functionality
- Verify conformance to architectural patterns, practices and enterprise/departmental reference architecture
- Identify, evaluate and vet technologies for use in the enterprise technology landscape
- Drive change from within IT through communication with teams regarding processes, standards and culture
- Support vendor selection and analysis process by evaluating vendor architecture's fit within the Domain
College Degree with technical study or equivalent experience
- 7+ years technical experience in architecture/design
- Excellent communication skills are a must.
- Experienced with Web Service (SOA, Rest, Micro)
- Experienced developing applications using .NET Framework and/or Java a must, Nice to have would be .NET Core, Node JS, React, Go and/or Scala
- Experience refactoring and/or re-platforming applications to run in AWS or Azure cloud environments
- Experience and knowledge in web and API security including authentication, authorization, OAuth, OWASP, OpenID, and SAML
- Experience with No SQL technologies such as MongoDB and Hadoop
- Experience working with distributed technologies:
- Integration and Design Patterns
- Messaging interfaces (MQ, JMS)
- Business Process Modeling
- Experience with Cloud Technologies
- Benefits/Insurance Industry Experience
The minimum salary for this position is $90,000. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click"here"for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click"here"for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment