Monitor Tech (Pool) - OLM Centralized Telemetry - Varies
Department: OLM Centralized Telemetry
Status: Pool/Per Diem
Located on the downtown Orlando campus, Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical Center
(ORMC) has served the Central Florida area for more than 100 years. Orlando Health ORMC is
the flagship hospital of the Orlando Health system and one of the largest tertiary facilities in the
region, offering the most advanced care available for surgical, medical, rehabilitative and
emergency care needs, including serving as Central Florida's only Level One Trauma Center. The
hospital provides a comprehensive continuum of care through leading-edge technology and
expertise in trauma, heart, vascular, stroke, neuroscience, oncology, surgery and orthopedic
care. This excellence in care has earned the hospital recognition from U.S. News & World Report
as a “Best Hospital” in Central Florida and rated high performing in nine adult procedures and
conditions. Thirteen hospital units at Orlando Health ORMC currently hold Beacon Awards for
Excellence for exceptional nursing care from the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses,
making it one of the highest-earning adult hospitals in the state.
Monitor Tech is responsible for the continuous monitoring, interpretation, communication, and documentation of cardiac rhythms and rhythm components.
High school graduate or equivalent and:
Monitor Technician with prior related experience AND has passed an ECG competency assessment:
- Must pass Rhythm Test with grade of 84% or higher. If grade is below 84%, individual must take Orlando Health's basic ECG course and pass the exam within 60 days.
Monitor technician without previous related experience:
- Must take Orlando Health's basic ECG course and complete the Rhythm Test within 60 days with a pass rate of 84% or higher.
BLS/Health Care provider certification required.
- Monitors and reviews patient information to determine baseline cardiac rhythm.
- Demonstrates competency in telemetry lead placement for accurate cardiac rhythm analysis.
- Analyzes cardiac rhythm and records measurements, calculations, and interpretation of patient record in accordance every 6 hours and PRN with established protocols.
- Notifies Registered Nurse of cardiac rhythm or rhythm component changes and follows current escalation protocol.
- Notifies Registered Nurse if patient off monitor and follows current escalation protocol.
- Maintains current knowledge of the technical operation of the central monitoring station.
- Maintains/checks high and low alarm settings on every telemetry patient each shift.
- Gives/accepts shift reports to provide current patient information.
- Works with assigned nursing personnel to coordinate initiation and discontinuation of telemetry.
- Identifies and troubleshoots routine technical problems with the central monitoring system and initiates biomedical repairs as necessary.
- Advances own current knowledge of cardiac rhythm analysis and interpretation.
- Protects patient confidentiality and sensitive data at all times.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
ADDRESS: 1400 S. Orange Ave. Orlando Health Cancer Institute Orlando FL 32806
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.