Senior Claims Adjuster
6 days left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Carolina Casualty is looking for a talented Claims professional who will be responsible for investigating, assessing, managing and resolving commercial automobile litigation and complex claims.
- Oversee and resolve truck, bus, commercial auto and/or public transportation claims, including litigation
- Select, oversee, and grade the performance of outside counsel
- Attend and monitor trials to assess attorney performance and jury verdict risk
- Set and control litigation budgets
- Initiate and oversee serious automobile accident investigations and rapid response
- Develop strategies and effective plans that drive litigated matters / claims to better results
- Accurately assess and resolve commercial auto insurance coverage issues, analyze facts and allegations in conjunction with all policy provisions, endorsements and amendments
- Draft declination, Reservation of Rights and other coverage letters
- Negotiate outstanding settlements
- Present case statuses/summaries in a clear, concise and understandable manner
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5 + years complex commercial auto liability experience handling or other serious personal injury claims
For 76 years, Carolina Casualty has been a premier insurance brand in the commercial auto industry. We specialize in writing liability, physical damage and cargo insurance for trucking, public auto and other commercial markets. Carolina Casualty is a member company of W. R. Berkley Corporation, an insurance holding company that is among the largest commercial lines writers in the United States.
The culture at Carolina is one of family where your work is recognized and appreciated. We are looking for creative, collaborative, and positive individuals who can add value and quality to our team.