Sr Special Investigator (SIU) North Florida - Remote
Assurant is seeking a Sr Special Investigator (SIU) in North Florida
The Special Investigator protects the assets of the organization by avoiding the payment of suspect claims in accordance with the applicable law and policy provisions.
Primary Job Accountabilities/
- Conducts timely investigations of suspected claims to ensure a prompt and accurate claims decision.
- Conducts COMPLEX RECORDED INTERVIEWS and field investigations in an effort to validate a claim or identify persons or organizations that are involved in suspicious related activities.
- Maintains assigned claims files in confidential manner and ensures that all relevant facts pertaining to the files are documented in the appropriate claims handling system.
- Concludes investigation and prepares investigative reports in adherence to Special Investigation Unit Best Practices.
- Acts as a resource for other team members by assisting with investigations and file reviews as needed.
- Initiates referrals to State Insurance Department, Fraud bureaus and NICB when a suspicious or fraudulent activity has been identified.
- Initiates civil/criminal actions based on investigative outcome.
- Attends industry meetings and reports on intelligence gatherings
- Initiates investigations based on industry intelligence and link analysis
- Assist all Assurant subsidiaries and accounts with investigations.
- Conducts Fraud Awareness Training to new hires, clients and company staff as needed.
- Assist SIU Manager with Claims Assignment, Monthly and Quarterly Reports as needed.
- Requests, prepares, documents, and may conduct examinations under oath and/or sworn statements including those involving attorney representation.
- Conducts thorough searches using investigative databases, internal resources, internet resources, and public records to locate parties and collect evidence to determine if potential fraud exists.
- Obtains, evaluates and summarizes law enforcement reports, credit reports, medical documentation and affidavits in relation to loss including documentation from required parties in accordance to state and federal regulations.
- Reviews and interprets medical records, reports, and billing in relation to injury loss investigations.
- Present investigative findings through written reports and recommends whether to take further actions.
- May review vehicle or building inspections and investigate alleged damages in relationship to loss.
- May conduct clinic inspections (state specific) and neighborhood canvases and on-scenes to include diagrams, measurements.
- Testifies at depositions, hearings and trials, as needed
- Ability to handle high volume of investigations and special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
Bachelors Degree OR a Criminal Justice Degree in Basic Law Enforcement (Certificate) from an accredited college is required.
Minimum 5 years in law enforcement (investigative work) OR 7 years with the Special Investigations Unit of an insurance company.
Knowledge and Skills:
Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with both internal and external customers.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
Excellent communication skills both oral and written skills with strong analytical skills to investigate insurance fraud.
Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products
Environment/Physical Demands: This position requires incumbents to regularly sit at a desk and operate standard office equipment such as a computer and phone. Employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, lift, carry and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to talk and hear. Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
CFE/CIFI preferred, but not required
Florida adjusters license preferred, but not required
Benefits and Value Proposition
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), generous paid time off and much more.
We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our employees.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.