Actuarial Manager - Loss Modeling
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The enterprise P&C Actuary Manager job is responsible for developing, managing and leading projects in support of pricing/reserving insurance business utilizing accepted actuarial and statistical standards, as well as methodologies and knowledge. This role works closely with analytics senior leadership and key business partners to develop and execute appropriate pricing, modeling and product strategies of high complexity to support business goals related to line(s) and/or geographic areas. Oversight for managing a team of analysts.
This position manages the Allstate Dealer Services Actuarial Loss Modeling Team. This team is responsible for the annual pricing reviews of all ADS products as well as the development of rates for new products and evaluation of new opportunities.
- Uses best practices to develop and ensure appropriateness of highly complex, high impact actuarial/statistical analyses/methodologies to influence business decisions within a specific geographic/line focus
- Provides thought and/or technical leadership, including contributions to improvement, development and innovation, and often serves as a subject matter expert
- Plans, implements, manages, and/or contributes on projects that are moderate to high complexity and are of large scale using accepted project management standards that cross multi-disciplinary areas with no guidance
- Reviews, evaluates and communicates appropriateness of highly complex actuarial/modeling techniques and results to team, leadership and external groups that are well understood and to influence business decisions
- Leads a team of people and provides input on talent management aspects to leadership
- Responsible for selecting, reviewing, using and ensuring quality of data used to perform moderate to highly complex actuarial and statistical services and determination of appropriate tool utilization
- Leverages understanding of insurance business, products, markets and regulatory environment to influence pricing/reserving/modeling strategies and business decisions
- This job has supervisory responsibilities
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required – preferably in related field of study such as actuarial science, math/applied math, statistics/applied statistics
- 7+ years of property and casualty pricing/reserving/modeling experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- FCAS designation preferred
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge in the use and ability to learn a wide variety of tools, data sources and computer applications
- Advanced communication skills, including the ability to present written and verbal interpretations of highly specialized terms and data, to multi-disciplinary groups and various organizational levels
- Advanced experience in leading the development/application of many types of predictive models as well as evaluating models
- Ability to use and/or instruct others in language usage to achieve results
- Extensive product, price, risk management and insurance regulation knowledge, including professional standards of actuarial/statistical techniques
- Advanced project management skills to independently handle multiple project of high complexity, that cross multi-disciplinary groups
- Proven management experience required, including ability to train, develop and mentor people leaders
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.