Risk - Strategic Portfolio Analysis Manager
2 days left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
SUMMARY: The Strategic Portfolio Analysis Manager position is the key individual providing data driven insights focused on monitoring the underwriting performance of the product portfolio and it’s alignment with product strategy and company objectives.
The position will focus on applying analytical rigor to evaluate if outcome measures such as sales, loss trends, retention, and portfolio segmentation are progressing towards strategic goals.
The position requires knowledge of insurance risk, determining loss exposures, ability to work in teams, ability to stay well organized, work quickly through problem solving efforts, make recommendations supported by sound analysis, and provide ongoing monitoring and reporting of these efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collaborates with key stakeholders to evaluate and uncover strategic insights related to Profit and Loss performance.
• Leverages advanced data-driven problem-solving techniques to manipulate and interpret business data.
• Translates findings into insights for portfolio management and underwriting execution.
• Create metrics and reporting which explore and report on the performance of our products, rates, underwriting processes and availability management.
• Support efforts to drive structured processes to improve essential business functions such as managing the product availability matrices, policy product and coverage placement and cross-departmental communication loops.
• Proactively identify trends and develop innovative solutions that will drive continuous improvement.
REQUISITE SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills required including ability to lead and present in executive level meetings
• Experience in analyzing data and developing recommendations for improvement including maintaining project roadmaps
• Experience in participating in projects
• Ability to provide accurate, quality work under tight deadlines
• Ability to make independent decisions
• Excellent organizational skills and time management
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced work environment and adapt well to changes
• Possess the ability to learn new things in a relatively short period of time
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) preferred in Business, Marketing, Underwriting, Statistics, Finance or Risk Management and 3 years industry experience. Underwriting, Actuarial or Claims experience in P&C Insurance environment preferred.