Customer Care Agency Specialist
2 days left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Provide Customer Service support to agents and policyholders via telephone, live chat, e-mail, or mail correspondence. Required to be familiar with all insurance concepts, practices and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary duties include handling inbound/outbound calls and chat inquiries regarding:
- Policy Inquiries and Changes
- Renewals and Rewrites
- Billing Information
- Underwriting guidelines and procedures
- Policy Quoting
- Coverage Changes
- Claims Reporting
Provide accurate information in a professional business-like and friendly manner with the goal of ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Ability to discuss and provide detailed explanation of our policy Declaration Page.
- Ability to explain policy Rating Factors.
- Assist with obtaining Underwriting information for exception reviews.
- Strive for first-call resolution including providing options and alternatives to best resolve the call.
- Prepare faxes, e-mails, receipts, and other correspondence as requested.
- Document each contact via our system applications.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet all performance standards. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Requires 1-2+ years’ experience in Insurance agency and/or Call Center Insurance industry. Ability to explain complex issues and concepts to customers.
- Achieve a monthly performance rating of 90% or above for the following categories: Call Performance, Policy Audits, Aux Reporting and Attendance for six consecutive months.
- Conform to proper business etiquette and company guidelines with a positive attitude.
Education and/or Experience:
Must have a High School diploma or equivalent GED. Requires 1-2+ years of service background dealing with customers, insurance agency and/or call center insurance experience. Work history in Homeowners Insurance services or related service industry background is a plus. 4-40 Florida Customer Service License is a plus.
Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and successfully complete keyboarding test speed of 45 words per minute with 95% accuracy. Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to read and interpret documents, requests from customers, memos, and department guidelines which may be in the form of FAQ’s, written summaries, or spreadsheets. Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with all customers and co-workers by telephone, e-mail, mail, live chat and in person.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning and Coping Ability:
Ability to understand and apply instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations. Maintain composure and handle daily stress levels, complexity, volumes, and diversity of customers in a call center environment.
Certifications and Licenses:
Professional Insurance Designations are a plus. Employees who wish to work in the Service Center division are required to obtain the Florida 4-40 Customer Service Representative license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, balance, sit for long periods of time, use hands to finger, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral and color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus and work for long periods using computer screens.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with abilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.