AB-Benefits Admin-Sr Associate
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
Benefits Administration provides support and services for employer groups, brokers and regional offices for processes related to billing, payments, and account management.
The Sr Associate will research, analyze, resolve and respond to inquiries; provide support in the development and maintenance of business processes for customers to achieve desired business results. Respond to escalated customer requests regarding premiums and refunds.
• Resolving policy discrepancies; preparing and communicating reconciliation reports to employers
• Building and maintaining relationships with employers, brokers and regional offices, with a focus on employer groups $100,000 - $250,000
• Provide support for team members when needed
• Research, analyze and respond to customer requests, both verbal and written, including reallocation of premiums and refund checks
• Managing suspense account entries using established standards
• Provide suggestions for process improvement
• Process Accounts Closings; process policy transactions for direct retention
• Document and execute processes with minimal supervision
• Determine appropriate issues to escalate to management
• Continuously build skills and knowledge by receiving coaching and feedback and participating in ongoing training
• Function effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
• High School Diploma/GED
• 2 year degree or 2 years insurance, accounting or customer service experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
• Advanced level of understanding of Benefit Administration’s business area processes
• Detailed understanding of multiple systems to access data
• Demonstrate innovation and process improvement skill set
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills
Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.