IT Security Governance Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE!
Allstate Benefits is a leading provider of voluntary insurance. We are committed to providing superior products and services with cutting edge technology, exceptional customer service and compassionate claims administration. With over 40,000 groups in force and insuring more than 3 million employees, we deliver the promise of the Good Hands every day!
The Security Governance Consultant develops portions of and evaluates compliance with programs, processes, and procedures to mitigate cybersecurity risk and ensure protection of company information and assets; researches and suggests interpretations of industry and government regulations, standards, and contract requirements for application to assigned area of operations.
- Leads the analysis of business and technical needs for assigned area to create requirements and specifications; develops, communicates, and executes portions of programs and processes that provide guidance and promote cybersecurity risk awareness and management in alignment with operational needs
- Leads ongoing and incident-forensic audits of governance process and procedure compliance; tracks metrics and documents and analyzes results to provide insight and suggestions for changes and enhancements
- Reviews and analyzes research, documentation, and guidance from Legal resources of regulatory, contract, and industry requirements for cybersecurity governance to develop and approve potential application; coordinates and communicates documentation
- Develops and expands knowledge of risk and governance management and demonstrates capability to communicate and explain complex regulatory topics to less-experienced team members
This job does not have supervisory duties
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years of related experience in IT Security or Privacy analysis role
- Experience performing IT audits
- Ability to analyze data and apply it to problem resolution
- Intermediate decision-making skills and ability to escalate when appropriate
- Ability to establish and manage relationships with internal and external partners
- Intermediate time and project management skills including ability to prioritize and organize
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to think conceptually, analytically and creatively
- Good oral and written communication skills
Experience working with Archer
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- CompTIA Security+
- Technical Foundations Certificate (CSX)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Cloud Governance
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment