Product Management Analyst
Jacksonville, FL Office
Join our hardworking, collaborative team where your contributions will be celebrated and valued.
Why Stillwater? We’re a national insurance provider that offers a full suite of insurance products and services. We strive to be the most respected insurance provider in the United States and that respect starts with our employees.
We are looking for candidates who will be responsible for the development of rates, rules, and forms for property products in their list of assigned states. The position works collaboratively with the product manager, actuary, and other cross functional business units to implement state enhancements designed to achieve profitability goals in line with the company’s business model and enterprise objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Collaborate with the product manager to collect and analyze large data sets to identify business trends.
- Build toolkits to assist cross functional areas in managing the business.
- Assist in the completion of the rate review process including the preparation, proposal, filing, and implementation of the dwelling products in assigned states.
- Monitor current rate levels and pricing enhancements that coincide with market trends and consumer expectations with the goal of achieving and maintaining profitability.
- Assist in analyzing financial results and product profitability.
- Continuously improve our analytics / fact-based decision-making capabilities and operating efficiency and quality by leveraging latest technical trends in reporting.
- Bachelor's Degree in mathematics, statistics, business analytics, economics, actuarial science, insurance or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 - 3 or more years of Personal lines auto and/or homeowners experience as a product analyst, pricing analyst, actuary or equivalent preferred.
- Highly proficient in managing and manipulating data.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Intermediate MS Office Skills including Excel with the ability to create, manipulate and formulate spreadsheets.
- Basic to intermediate SAS and SQL programming skills including the ability to create basic programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a positive, innovative team player when necessary.
- Business casual work environment – wear your jeans to work.
- Office location near Butler Blvd and I-95 – convenient to shopping and dining.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits to keep you and your family protected.
- 401(k) Plan to help you plan for your retirement.
- Gym/Fitness Center reimbursement to support your commitment to staying healthy.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) program to help you maintain your work/life balance.
Offer for employment contingent upon favorable responses from both a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen.
Stillwater Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employers and a drug free workplace.