Allstate Benefits Customer Service-Assoc III
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
Class Starts October 28th
Internal posting for referral purposes only
The Customer Care Center provides customer service support, via the telephone to policyholders, agents and brokers regarding organizational products and practice by providing prompt, efficient, accurate and high quality customer service in a courteous and professional manner.
The position is responsible for answering complex customer inquiries on currently marketed supplemental health products (re-rate, complex claims) as well as currently marketed life products. The representative acts as a resource, takes complex calls as defined by the department, provides customer service and is responsible for answering incoming calls the majority of the time.
- Answer incoming customer calls promptly and professionally
- Efficiently use all provided resources to research, resolve and respond to complex customer issues in an, professional and precise manner
- Interpret a variety of legal insurance documents, policies, rules and regulations
- Understand basic telecommunications and provide an advanced knowledge of products and functionality
- Enter customer request into data system, open and dispatch work orders to various department and complete call history
- Handle customer requests via fax, email or voicemail within 24 hours or 1 business day
- 2-3years of prior customer service experience
- Up to two years of post-high school training in a specialized trade, technical school or college preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Insurance background including knowledge of health insurance terminology is preferred
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written required
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate strong analytical skills
- Customer Focused
- Proficient Problem Solver
Hours and Compensation
Training Schedule (First 60 Days):
Monday - Friday 9:15 - 6:00 PM EST
Regular Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday 11:15 - 8:00 PM EST (Must be flexible as call center is open 8:00AM-8:00PM EST
Hourly rate/salary commensurate with directly transferable experience
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment