Infrastructure & Platform Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Benefits Infrastructure and Platform Services Team are the telecom and server administrators for Allstate Benefits. AB IPS provides support for server hosting and administration requests from other IT areas. Work can come to the team via incidents, change requests or service request items. Resources can also provide long-term assistance on IT projects. All requests must be met within certain SLAs. The Infrastructure and Network Engineer manages and plans efforts to research, design, plan and maintain new or existing virtual server and software technology components. The engineer utilizes solid systems, scripting and developer skills to execute on highly complex tasks related to virtual server and software technology component analysis, integration, and incident and problem resolution. The role also reviews, and ensures updates are made to application disaster recovery plans.
THIS IS A MID-LEVEL POSITION AND working scheduled nights and weekends every 6 weeks is required
- Manage Windows Server and Linux based virtual server and software solution research, problem analysis, implementation planning, and engineering.
- Collaborate with other Service Engineers, IT Architects, vendors, and business clients to ensure that modified servers and software interacts appropriately, environments are developed and maintained, other areas of impact are addressed and meet business function and performance requirements.
- Assist in efforts to test, debug, and assess performance, and document server and software technology components.
College degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience with virtual server administration in an Enterprise network environment
- 3+ years of Windows, Linux server administration experience
- 2+ years of experience with SFTP/FTP
- 1+ years PowerShell scripting experience
- 1+ years *NIX shell scripting
- Insurance and / or Financial Industry experience a plus
- Technology Certifications in Windows 2012 or above, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Citrix ZenApp, or ITIL are preferred.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory and Octopus
- Experience with security vaulting solutions such as Hashicorp vault or CyberArk
- IBM WebSphere experience
- Experience with Splunk and/or Dynatrace for application logging and monitoring.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment