STILLWATER INSURANCE GROUP
Join our hardworking, collaborative team where your contributions will be celebrated and valued.
Why Stillwater? We’re a national insurance provider that offers a full suite of insurance products and services. We strive to be the most respected insurance provider in the United States and that respect starts with our employees. We currently have an opening for a Staff Accountant in our Jacksonville, FL office.
This position provides Accounting support, performs bank reconciliations and assist with monthly financial closures.
The Staff Accountant supports the Accounting Department to ensure a high level of accuracy is achieved in all financial transactions.
· Reconcile bank accounts to general ledger monthly.
· Create and key daily and monthly journal entries.
· Reconcile various general ledger accounts daily and monthly.
· Maintain supporting schedules for various accounts, including prepaid and depreciation.
· Assist with special projects or requests, as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) in Accounting from four-year college or university, and one to three years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong Excel® skills, including the ability to understand and write v-lookup formulas and build pivot tables.
- Quickbooks® software knowledge desired.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Good judgement and the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits to keep you and your family protected.
- 401(k) Plan to help you plan for your retirement.
- Gym/Fitness Center reimbursement to support your commitment to staying healthy.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) program to help you maintain a work/life balance.
- Our office is conveniently located near John Turner Butler Blvd. (JTB) and I-95, not far from the Town Center shopping.
Apply today to start your journey of being celebrated and valued with Stillwater Insurance Group.
Offer for employment is contingent upon the favorable responses from both a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen.
Stillwater Insurance Group is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidate apply on-line or may send resume to: Career.Opportunities@Stillwater.com Opens a New Window. .