.Net Primary Developer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Benefits is a leading provider of voluntary insurance, we are committed to providing superior products and services with cutting edge technology, exceptional customer service and compassionate claims administration. With over 40,000 groups in force and insuring more than 3 million employees, we deliver the promise of the Good Hands every day.
Allstate Benefits Technology organization is looking for an experienced Primary Engineer to consult with Architecture and Development Leads to deliver a solution design for the most complex projects. In collaboration with the Development Leads, the Primary Engineer is responsible for implementing the underlying architecture for the software program. The Primary Engineer collaborates with Development Leads to ensure adherence to standards that result in efficient and quality products. The Primary Engineer partners with Architecture to continuously assess the existing technology stack and rationalize as appropriate.
Bachelors degree in IT or related field OR equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of Agile (one or more of these) JIRA, Confluence;
- Proficiency with React.js, Redux, .Net Core, Web API, Material UI, Redis, MongoDb, ISAM or Auth0, Cloud (AWS, Azure, or PCF)
- At least 5 years supporting full lifecycle delivery of complex systems, including requirements, design, build, test, and deployment;
- At least 5 years implementing standards for system design and development processes, methods, and tools;
- At least 3 years participating on Agile teams, including practice of Pair Programming and Test Driven Development;
- At least 3 years working with Git
- Experience in environments with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CICD) processes and tool automation (one or more of these) Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, Git, Octopus Deploy.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.