Claims Associate- Voluntary Benefits
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Sr. Associate is responsible for answering telephone inquiries in addition to analyzing and adjudicating claims in accordance with policy provisions with minimal guidance from the medical team or leadership team. The Associate must have the ability to interpret and apply laws, rules and regulations as well as evaluate claims from initial report to final determination. They must also be able to obtain and utilize sensitive information discreetly and objectively in addition to documenting claim files with notes, evaluations and decision making processes while achieving optimal customer service standards
- A Sr. Associate is responsible for analyzing, processing, researching, adjusting and adjudicating claims which will result in a payment or non payment of a claim with minimal guidance from the medical team or leadership team.
- Sr. Associates review insurance policies, the claim form and supporting documentation to make sure that all of the information is correct. They determine whether the claims are covered under the policies issued to that policyholder.
- Sr. Associates assist in identifying, investigating and reporting fraudulent claim activity to our internal fraud unit.
- Sr. Associates are required to provide the insured with correspondence that is clear, concise and meets state regulations in relation to the decision they made on the claim processed.
- Sr. Associates respond to telephone inquiries utilizing all the tools provided and in a timely manner.
- High School diploma
- Ability to work in a fast paced/deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work independently or in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to interpret and apply laws, rules and regulations.
- Basic policy coverage and insurance regulation knowledge
- Verbal/written telephone communication skills
- Attend training sessions as a participant
- Moderate individual decision making
- Basic individual claim authorization
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment