Allstate Benefits: Billing Specialist
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The National Account Consultant I performs critical and sometimes customer-facing billing tasks for National Accounts and strategic partners, including audits, reconciliation resolution and maintenance of account metrics to proactively identify at risk customers. The Account Specialist also looks for opportunities for process improvements to better service our National Accounts.
- Leads administration call with new accounts assigned to ensure ongoing administration support aligns with customer needs.
- Reviews employer payment records to ensure accurate deductions are occurring against coverage elected; researches and resolves differences by working across internal and external teams.
- Determines and understands customer administration objectives and requirements, advises on support options, and obtains feedback on any additional opportunities for administration improvement.
- Maintains monthly reporting to identify any challenges or account lapse indicators
- Partners with account management team to identify, communicate and escalate, if necessary, issues or areas of opportunity in a timely manner
- Maintains timelines and reporting for all assigned accounts
- Serves as liaison with various colleagues and subject matter experts to ensure administration information is understood and available.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Previous experience in an office environment with at least 2+ years of customer service experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, intermediate knowledge of Word is required, as well as strong computer skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to read and interpret complex information, talk with customers and listen attentively.
- Candidate must also have excellent research and analytical skills.
- Requires intermediate skills of a team player, ability to stand out in a team oriented environment, provide feedback and also receive coaching and feedback.
- Insurance, accounting and account management or billing services background is a plus.
- Background in voluntary benefits a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.