Continuous Improvement Sustainability Coach
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Sustainability Coach supports the Allstate Benefits (AB) Business Unit in the continued implementation of Continuous Improvement and is responsible for deepening the adoption of Continuous Improvement principles, systems and tools. As a Sustainability Coach, the role ensures individuals in the business unit have the necessary training, problem-solving skills, mindsets, and operational behaviors to support CI.
- Accountable for supporting AB business leaders and front-line associates in their roles, standard work, and behaviors
- Coach the AB business leaders in the creation and implementation of 100-day plans at the conclusion of quarterly Maturity Assessments
- Observe Tier 1 leaders to provide feedback and work closely and interactively with tier 2 and tier 3 leaders to coach them on their engagement with and usage of CI principles, systems, and tools
- Ensure AB business leaders conduct regular root-cause-problem-solving sessions with clear priorities and timely solutions
- Refine standard work as process changes are made
- Identify systemic inhibitors to new process adoption and efficient execution and discuss with business leaders
- Ensure the RCPS system is healthy and reflects best practices
- Support project budgeting and facilitate special skill acquisition needed for improvements
- Supports post-transformation Maturity Assessments, leads corrective action planning, and improvement execution until process changes are fully confirmed and embedded in the line activity and behaviors
- Coordinate with other CI teams to tailor observation sheets, questionnaires, procedures, and other post-wave tools towards the end of each wave and project
- Apply standard diagnostic techniques across all five CI lenses
- Support responsibility for business area CI budget
- Train new employees in the CI work
- 5-7 years of frontline experience in leadership role
- Strong knowledge of the 5 lenses of CI; understanding of the 4 loops and enabling tools; understanding of the principles, systems and tools that underpin Continuous Improvement
- Awareness of the Continuous Improvement phases (prepare, diagnose, design, implement), the core analyses / activities aligned to each phase, and specific understanding of the redesigned process in their business area
- Experience in Lean/Six Sigma/ continuous improvement experience in a service or manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience in training and coaching of frontline employees and leaders
- Advanced Microsoft Suite skills (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project, Visio for Organizational Design only)
- Advanced ability to deliver presentations to executive level leaders
- Advanced communication skills - written & verbal
- Ability to work well with others, to build credibility quickly, and to improve a teams performance
- Ability to listen carefully to others, and understand and respond appropriately to messages, explicit or implied (e.g., body language)
- Ability to lead and influence a team and frontline leaders
- Ability to deal with conflict and manage multiple accountabilities in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced working knowledge of the organization's change management process and exhibits leadership in establishing structured methodologies
- Advanced collaborative consulting that maximize the achievement of the business outcomes, client commitment and long-term sustainability
- Advanced facilitation skills in meetings, processes and operations without requiring support from others
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.