Call Center Representative I
Processes new property insurance claims and consumer assignments following established client and department procedures and instructions. Processes escalated calls or issues in accordance with client/department procedures. Review loss descriptions and client notes to properly assign contractors based on type of loss and trade (i.e. General Contractor, Mitigation Contractor, Tarping, Tree Removal, Textile Restoration, Remodeling and Emergency Board Up).Responsibilities
- Receives and processes loss assignments according to client instructions.
- Conducts emergency call outs to contractors via three way calls with homeowners.
- Achieves and maintains proficiency with all client and department instructions and updates.
- Attains required call statistic performance according to center standards.
- Maintains set quality standards ensuring assignments are properly made and documented.
- Identify assignment errors and research appropriately.
- Provides excellent customer service to all internal team members and external customers.
- Processes emergency and/or catastrophic event assignments when they occur.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all software applications/programs used to accomplish required department tasks.
- Conduct customer satisfaction surveys.
- Participates in special projects or perform duties in other areas as requested.
- Upholds and projects the public image of the Company.
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at all times.
- High school diploma required. Some college preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in customer service, administrative/clerical skills.
- Experience in a customer service or call center setting preferred
- Familiarity with home improvements/reconstruction contractors or projects helpful
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills including proper pronunciation, grammar and a consistently courteous and professional tone of voice at all times
- Computer skills in a multi-screen/task environment and working knowledge of MS Office (i.e.: Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Good time management abilities with ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Excellent written, verbal and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships.
- Strong work ethic with willingness to work overtime during storm events.
People taking care of people. Its that simple. At Crawford & Company, we treat our clients policyholders like our own, helping to restore and enhance lives, businesses and communities at all points of the claims management process. Combining a legacy of nearly 80 years of unmatched experience with global capabilities and industry-leading technology, Crawford is at the forefront of change, while also staying firmly rooted to our commitment to putting people first.
We are guided by our collective value system: RESTORE.
At Crawford, we:
- Respect our culture of integrity and ethical behavior, while embracing the unique talents of the individual and encouraging an ownership mentality among everyone.
- Are Empowered to advance the company mission and take ownership of our individual career progression.
- Promote Sustainability through a corporate culture in which employees are good stewards of their communities.
- Emphasize Training and an environment where employees continually seek and share knowledge and are engaged and satisfied with their work.
- Are One Crawford, embracing a global mindset thats inclusive, agile, mission-focused, and customer-focused.
- Give Recognition, participating in an environment where people are rewarded for jobs well done.
- Embody an Entrepreneurial Spirit, sharing a passion to succeed, innovate, and outpace our competitors.
We believe in leading by example at work and in our communities. We hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages, reflecting the global fabric of the audience we serve. Though our reach is vast, we proudly operate as One Crawford: united in mission, vision and values. Learn more at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.