Workers Compensation Claims Representative (Work from Home)
Spending too much money on gas and too much time commuting to and from work? Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies is looking for a Workers Compensation Claims Representative to work from home in the state of Florida.
If you are interested in working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, are focused on technology, attentive to detail, and provide solid customer service, then our team might be right for you!
- Determine compensability and/or coverage issues for loss time workers' compensation claims
- Effectively manage a caseload of loss time claims from numerous jurisdictions especially FL
- Negotiate and direct settlements under management's review
- Gather medical and factual evidence to determine compensability
- Direct outside investigation and handle litigation files within given authority
- Daily contact with claimants and/or their attorneys, outside investigators, and rehabilitation personnel as well as routine contact with insureds, account liaisons and medical providers
- This position requires a period of initial training in our Home Office in PA and may require subsequent semi-annual travel to the employees supervisor in our GA field office
- 3+ years of workers compensation experience handling loss time claims in multiple jurisdictions
- Experience in handling FL WC claims is required and experience in handling any of the following states is a plus: GA, NC, SC
- Applicable adjuster licenses will be required
- Ability to work independently from a remote location
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Innovative thinker with the ability to multi-task
- Strong computer skills are essential for this position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
Join the ranks of a highly rated, family oriented and growing P & C Insurance company! We offer a competitive salary and benefits with an attractive 401(k) and profit sharing plan. We have a great working environment!