Underwriting Risk Analyst-Allstate Dealer Services
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Research and Analysis
- Recommends the integration and delivery of planned underwriting changes/projects/products
- Makes observations on market specific implications of business strategies (e.g., Impacts of product changes relative to mix of business trends, correct classification, discount utilization, etc)
- Supports the identification and resolution of underwriting issues and implications on operational processes by scanning the processes to confirm if theyre working or not (e.g., mix of business trends, inspection results, risk management policy gaps)
- Knowledge of data sources, and ability to retrieve and review data from existing and new sources
- Independently evaluates and performs data trend analysis (e.g., sales, product distribution, risk management, financial, loss, etc.) in support of underwriting strategies
- Develops business recommendations to achieve corporate goals and communicates to underwriting team
- Assures proper execution of underwriting practices through monitoring of underwriting processes and metrics
Process and Product Design/Improvement
- Participates in the formulation of strategies to achieve plan objectives and communicates to leadership to gain alignment (e.g, Build and provide fact base and operational considerations)
- Develops/designs new underwriting plans, programs, processes, and products
- Develops communication strategies and materials to support new plans, programs, processes, and products for leadership
- Solicits inputs from key internal and external stakeholders
- Evaluates underwriting procedures and processes regularly and recommends alternatives or improvements
- Monitors metrics/data to ensure processes are followed and applied consistently. Actively communicates anomalies and recommended actions to appropriate stakeholders
- Actively builds strong relationships among teams and team members to ensure cooperation on project objectives
- Performs risk management reviews monthly according to documented processes and timelines
- Communicates and presents evaluation and recommended risk management actions
- Assists in improving risk management process performance through change or modification of risk management processes and procedures
- Assists in developing measurements for leadership that can be used to evaluate performance within regional teams. Compiles information to support decisions that impact modification to existing strategies and formulates initial recommendation options for discussion
- Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Experience: 3-4 years industry experience preferred
- Beginner to intermediate knowledge and/or experience of SQL
- Microsoft Excel knowledge and experience
- Intermediate to advanced underwriting, product management and F&I Product industry knowledge
- Demonstrates and fosters a sense of urgency, strong commitment and accountability for achieving results
- Intermediate knowledge of data retrieval and manipulation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effectively network and communicate with different types and levels of staff, both written and verbal
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.