Bilingual Allstate Benefits Customer Service-Assoc III
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
Class starting in June! Interviews to start soon!
The Customer Care Center provides customer service support, via the telephone to policyholders, agents and brokers regarding organizational products and practice by providing prompt, efficient, accurate and high quality customer service in a courteous and professional manner.
The position is responsible for answering complex customer inquiries on currently marketed health products (re-rate, complex claims) as well as currently marketed life products. The representative acts as a resource, takes complex calls as defined by the department, provides customer service and is responsible for answering incoming calls the majority of the time.
- Answer incoming customer calls and respond to customer requests, answers complex questions, must have the ability to the interpret a variety of policies, rules, regulations and performs a full range of customer service duties, answers customer questions, research, resolve and respond to requests.
- Understand basic telecommunications and provide an advanced knowledge of products and functionality
- Provide quick, professional, precise resolution to customer issues/questions
- Enter customer request into data system, open and dispatch work orders to various department and complete call history
- Handle customer requests via fax, email or voicemail within 24 hours or 1 business day
- 1-2 years of prior customer service experience in an inbound call center
- Up to two years of post high school training in a specialized trade, technical school or college preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Insurance background including knowledge of health insurance terminology is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written required.
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to show empathy to customers.
Hours and Compensation
Training Schedule (First 90 Days):
Monday - Friday 9:45 - 6:30 PM EST
Regular Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday 11:45 - 8:00 PM EST (Must be flexible as call center is open 8:00AM-8:00PM EST)
$15.25 an hour / $31,720 Annual
10% Bilingual Differental
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.