Manager of Financial Reporting
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This role leads a team of financial analysts on a daily basis to ensure that the department meets company deadlines with respect to monthly financial statement reporting and analysis. This role reports directly to the Vice President of Finance and works closely with that person to understand, support, and functionally execute the companys overall financial strategy.
- Lead a team of financial analysts
- Report the companys financial results by delegating responsibilities within his/her own team, working across departments to gather input and understanding of financial results, consolidate and communicate those results to senior management. This includes analytical interpretation and input/suggestions regarding possible changes needed or areas of opportunity identified both overall and within each product line.
- Analytical projects these include staffing models, profit analysis of departments, identifying opportunities of efficiencies or revenue generating opportunities
- Monthly financial statement presentation to senior management including explanations of variances to plan, larger or smaller than expected results, opportunities to gain efficiencies each month
- Contribute to senior management discussions surrounding company strategy and how those strategies affect the company at the financial level
- Develop quarterly and annual statutory result statements including analysis thereof
- Manage the companys overall capital results, ROE, and dividend distribution
- CPA or MBA in Finance
- 7+ years experience
- Very strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to develop relationships
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.