Data Analytics Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
- As team expert, provide direction to peers or AOR partners on technical solutions.
- Partner on new ideas and initiatives and creates an environment that supports innovation and process improvement.
- Understand the changing analytic needs of users and Data Scientists and assists in the development of goals, and tracks of work to meet those needs.
- Execute rapid development of new data and analytic work tracks with fast iteration over quick sprints
- Take defined Data Science and analytic business ETL needs and bring them from ideation to working pilots / deliverables.
- Utilize a multidisciplinary approach to Data Analytic problems combining technical expertise with analytics and business knowledge
- Work closely with Data Science and business partners requiring subject matter expertise in the business as well as advanced analytics.
- Leverage agile data analysis with technology fluency in parallel processing/programming, software/programming languages and OLAP technologies (MS SSMS, MS SSIS, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL, PL/SQL).
- Bachelors degree in a related field (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics)
- At least 5+ years of ETL Experience
- Very Strong T-SQL, Stored Procedure and SSIS skills
- Strong MS Excel skills to work with end users in a format that they are comfortable with
- Ability to document work and share / present ideas in a variety of Microsoft Office mediums:
- Word, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience working with and supporting a data analytics / reporting team
- Experience with SAP Business Objects environment (Crystal Reports, Web Intelligence, Universe Development)
- Experience or capacity to learn R, Python or other statistical programming languages
- Experience or capacity to learn Tableau, MS PowerBI to the extent of seamlessly integrating data structures with these tools
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.