Supervisor, Premium Processing - Group Benefits
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Premium Processing team provides support and services for employer accounts related to billing inquiries, reconciliation, and application of all wholesale premium deposits at the account level. This position directs the day-to-day operations of the Premium Processing team. Develops and implements procedures and guidelines for the department to ensure accurate and timely processing. Leads and develops staff.
- Leads a team of exempt and non-exempt team members to ensure team functions are performed successfully and goals are met
- Oversees and observes the performance of team members; determines measurements for Key Performance Indicators
- Coach, mentor, and develop team members
- Holds consistent checkpoint meetings and executes performance documents
- Makes recommendations for process improvements and cost saving opportunities
- Maintains a positive working relationship with employer groups and brokers
- Fosters a positive working relationship with the BancTec wholesale lockbox operations in Dallas, TX
- Fosters a positive working relationship with the Regional Office Staff, Marketing Department, and Field Staff
- Determines appropriate issues to escalate to management
- Continuously builds skills and knowledge by receiving coaching and feedback and participating in ongoing training
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years of related experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Strategic thinker, who creates and executes
- Ability to lead, coach and develop team members
- Life70 mainframe processing experience a plus
- Advanced level of Microsoft Excel; intermediate knowledge of Word required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good project management and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Leveraging Diversity and Conflict Management skills
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.