Engle Martin is a leading national independent loss adjusting and claims management provider. We provide a comprehensive line of service offerings including commercial property, casualty, inland marine/cargo, heavy equipment and large loss adjusting, as well as TPA/claims management and subrogation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive pay and benefits and an environment where teamwork, ongoing professional development, continuous improvement, and exceptional service are valued and rewarded.
We currently have an outstanding career opportunity for a staff field Casualty Adjuster for this territory. The Casualty Adjuster effectively determines and communicates the extent of loss or damage associated with commercial claims in a variety of business classes.
- Determines appropriate methods and extent of needed investigation for all assigned claims; conduct investigation primarily through field visits and phone contact, obtaining medical reports and, appraisals, conducting insured, witness and claimant interviews and/or statements, and completing site inspections or other necessary fact-finding methods to establish liability and proper coverage.
- Arranges medical examinations, contractors estimates, and other specialists appointments as necessary. Attends trials, arbitration, ADR and face-to face negotiations as required. Assists with monitoring quality of services rendered by appraisers, law firms, structured settlement vendors, rehabilitation vendors, and other experts; makes recommendations to client.
- Prepares accurate, clear, thorough, and concise reports and letters to insurance carriers, providing conclusions and recommendations.
- Follows established policies, procedures, and processes in preparing information, exercising sound judgment in applying these to potentially costly losses or involved situations.
- Maintains accurate, thorough field notes, journal entries, and time and expense records as required. Submits reimbursement reports in keeping with organization and client policies, procedures, and practices and with accepted industry standards. Applies knowledge of both time-and-expense and fee-for-service procedures, according to the stipulations of the agreement with the insurer.
- Ability to understand claims adjudication process.
- 3-5 years' experience in commercial adjusting or other insurance-related work; Xactimate experience a plus.
- Knowledge of casualty claim law and jurisdictional issues; skills in analyzing, interpreting, synthesizing, prioritizing, and reporting pertinent information and discerning the essential from the non-essential.
- Research and investigative abilities; negotiating, conflict resolution and persuasion abilities.
- Baccalaureate degree in a related field, or demonstration of equivalent knowledge and critical thinking skills.
- Active license, or ability to promptly obtain such, in the assigned state(s).